Are you an IoT/M2M professional ? Join us at IoT World Forum 2015, on Nov 18-19 in London. (http://iotinternetofthingsconference.com) Find out more about Global IoT Market, IoT Companies and Industrial IoT – Thought leaders from the biggest and most disruptive IoT companies will share winning growth strategies on the most pressing challenges business leaders face today.
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., Aug. 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today released survey results finding that most manufacturers (97 percent) consider the Internet of Things (IoT) to be one of the most impactful technological initiatives in their industry.
Most respondents expect IoT to provide operational and actionable data on location and condition which will enhance supply chains, mitigate loss and risk and empower process and cost optimization so they can improve operations and asset utilization as well as enhance customer service.
- 83 percent of surveyed manufacturers either already have IoT implementations in place or plans to deploy within a year.
- Wi-Fi, real-time locating systems (RTLS), security sensors, barcodes, GPS and mobile computers were cited as the most important technologies for enabling IoT solutions.
- Less than five percent of respondents believe the manufacturing industry is not prepared to make the changes required to implement IoT solutions.
- Half of the surveyed manufacturers cited cost concerns as the largest barrier to adopting IoT solutions while 46 percent indicated privacy and security concerns along with integration challenges.
- In November 2014, Zebra released global findings from Forrester Consulting on the adoption of IoT across numerous industries, surveying IT and business decision makers from nearly 600 global firms.
Jim Hilton, senior director, Global Manufacturing Principal, Zebra Technologies
“Manufacturing operations are running more efficiently than ever before due to the installation of smart machinery and sensors on connected factory floors driving less machine downtime, better asset utilization and faster time to market. Our survey affirms that Industry 4.0 is well underway but more education and information sharing can be done to increase IoT adoption in the manufacturing space. Zebra Technologies is committed to bridging this gap by enabling a more intuitive manufacturing experience where processes, tools and staff are more deeply and smartly interconnected.”
Website: Zebra Technologies
Infographic: How the Internet of Things is Transforming Manufacturing
Blog: Zebra Releases 2014 Forrester Study
Facebook: Zebra Technologies
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) makes businesses as smart and connected as the world we live in. Zebra tracking and visibility solutions transform the physical to digital, creating the data streams enterprises need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses, and empower their mobile workforces. For more information, visit www.zebra.com.
Industry Analyst Relations Contact:
Zebra Technologies, Zebra and the Zebra logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Zebra Technologies Corporation and are used under license. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. ©2015 Zebra Technologies Corporation. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Zebra Technologies Corporation