CAMPBELL, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its new Worldwide M2M Service Provider Leadership Analysis report, which profiles and analyzes the 10 largest machine-to-machine (M2M) service providers based on cellular M2M connections served: AT&T, China Mobile, China Unicom, Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Sprint, Telefónica, Telenor, Verizon, and Vodafone. The 28-page report identifies the factors for success that are common among the world’s leading M2M providers.
“One of the key traits that enables the service providers in our machine-to-machine leadership report to be successful amid the great breadth and chaos of M2M is focus—the ability to identify the key vertical segments and hone resources on those that offer scale and growth. In the boundless world of M2M and the Internet of Things, focus is table stakes,” says Godfrey Chua, directing analyst for M2M and IoT at InfoneticsResearch.
Chua adds: “Focus also means understanding the unique nature of M2M services and the importance of enabling technologies such as connectivity and application platforms purpose-built for M2M, like those from Axeda and Jasper. Platforms are essential to scaling and differentiating services and bringing solutions to market faster, allowing monetization to begin at an earlier stage.”
M2M LEADERSHIP HIGHLIGHTS
- Benefitting from the sheer scale of the Chinese market, China Mobile is the global M2M connections leader, with over 32 million M2M connections served in 2013 (+43% from 2012)
- AT&T, the reigning M2M leader in North America, comes in #2 overall in connections thanks to a large U.S. M2M market coupled with global roaming agreements
- Hot on the heels of AT&T, Vodafone rounds out the top 3, owing to its strong global presence, breadth of operations, and homegrown connectivity platform
- Currently, the most popular vertical M2M segment among service providers is automotive/transport/logistics
M2M REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ annual M2M service provider leadership report profiles and analyzes 10 of the leading M2M service providers in the world influencing the Internet of Things (IoT), currently AT&T, China Mobile, China Unicom, Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Sprint, Telefónica, Telenor, Verizon, andVodafone. These companies together account for over 100 million cellular M2M connections, nearly half the global M2M cellular installed base.
The report includes global M2M service revenue and connection forecasts and profiles providers’ approaches to and activities in the M2M/IoT space, examining their M2M connections, total M2M revenue, scope of M2M operations (including partnerships and agreements), and resources (people) devoted to M2M. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- How to Get the Best Out of DAS, Small Cells, and WiFi (June 5: Attend)
- Diameter Signaling Control for LTE Networks (June 12: Attend)
- NFV: An Easier Initial Target Than SDN? (June 19: Attend)
- The Role of Service Delivery Platform in M2M and IoT (View on-demand)
- Reinventing the Economics of Healthcare with M2M (Sep. 9: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.