Wireless Communication Specialists Westbase Appointed as Distributor of Vodafone’s MachineLink 3G M2M Router
CARDIFF, Wales, March 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ —
Westbase Technology has been appointed by Vodafone as distributor for the MachineLink 3G, Vodafone’s all-purpose machine-to-machine (M2M) wireless mobile router, built to address the rapid multi-sector growth in M2M deployments globally.
The MachineLink 3G is feature packed for M2M connectivity providing network access anywhere there’s 2G or 3G cellular coverage with Penta-band 3G and Quad-band 2G support. An out-of-the-box, pre-configured, and managed 3G HSPA+ solution, the service can be mass deployed to instantly connect remote assets, premises, equipment, and vehicles using any Vodafone or Vodafone M2M partner mobile network anywhere in the world.
Part of the Vodafone M2M Product Portfolio the MachineLink 3G is delivered with Vodafone Managed Connectivity. The service significantly reduces M2M complexity and cost, whilst increasing M2M manageability by bringing together the largest mobile network in the world, a global M2M monitoring platform, tailored tariffs built to control costs, and dedicated support from Vodafone and Westbase Technology.
Designed as an end-to-end M2M solution providing easy access to Vodafone networks worldwide with a unique global roaming algorithm, the MachineLink 3G meets the increasing need for cost-effective and reliable remote monitoring across countless industry and enterprise applications. The service delivers optimised real-time data communications in areas such as utilities, industrial automation, asset management, healthcare, point-of-payment, vending, and digital signage.
Sacha Kakad, Managing Director, Westbase Technology, said, “The Vodafone MachineLink 3G opens the doors for businesses looking to deploy M2M applications. As a completely managed connectivity solution bringing together the router, the platform and dedicated support, customers have access to a competitively priced solution that the marketplace has been crying out for.”
Freed from the constraints of a fixed landline connection and designed to work anywhere in the world, the MachineLink 3G features built-in Ethernet for plug-and-play connectivity, wide operating temperature range, flexible power options (AC, DC, PoE) with dual power redundancy support, high-performance internal antennae and optional external antenna connector. Lastly, built-in mounting versatility makes the device perfect for total connectivity in any M2M deployment.
MachineLink 3G customers also benefit considerably from the world-class dedicated support available from Vodafone and Westbase Technology. The MachineLink 3G comes with an open management Linux software development kit that allows customers to develop their own customised applications, offering true scalability, large-scale compatibility and an easy path to large M2M deployments.
For further information on the Vodafone MachineLink 3G, available now from Westbase Technology, visitvodafone.westbaseuk.com or call +44(0)1291-430-567.
Notes to Editor
About Westbase Technology
- Westbase Technology is a leading European distributor of cloud-managed 3G/4G networking solutions, for distributed enterprise, small businesses, and mobile customers.
- Specialising in business continuity, primary and temporary connectivity, fixed and mobile applications, and machine-to-machine (M2M), purpose built solutions from Westbase provide compliant and secure enterprise grade networks.
- The highly experienced team at Westbase have been providing networking solutions for over 25 years, with customers from all sectors including energy, healthcare, security, transport, finance, retail, construction and government.
- For more information about Westbase Technology visit: westbaseuk.com.
About Vodafone Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications
- Vodafone is one of the world’s largest mobile communications companies with more than 403 million customers, working with more than 50 partner networks worldwide.
- Vodafone Machine-to-Machine (M2M) connects previously isolated machines or devices to the internet, delivering new functionality and enhanced services.
- The Vodafone Managed Connectivity Service makes it easy for global businesses to centrally manage M2M deployments at a lower cost than previously possible.
- For more information about Vodafone Machine-to-Machine (M2M) visit: m2m.vodafone.com.
Enquiries to: Kevin Dooley, Westbase Technology Marketing Manager
Phone +44(0)1291-437-527 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Westbase Technology