- Industry-specific telematics products for fleet management and asset tracking: a modular, cloud-based software platform along with hardware solutions for passenger cars, trucks, construction machinery and special-purpose vehicles for road maintenance services, agriculture and forestry;
- Sensors record all relevant parameters such as operating and service times, tank level and consumption, temperature as well as hydraulic and electromechanical data;
- Gapless documentation of all relevant vehicle data to help customers prove their rendered services and protect them against liability risks as well as electronic driver logs;
Telekom Austria Group M2M, together with the Austrian telematics expert CEplus, have launched six industry-specific telematics products. After the introduction of the POLAR winter maintenance service, which has already been successfully deployed in the municipality of Gries am Brenner (Tyrol), additional telematics solutions for passenger cars, trucks, construction machinery, agricultural and forestry vehicles as well as refrigerated freightways will now follow suit.
“With our solution portfolio for efficient fleet management and asset tracking, we are able to flexibly meet every possible customer requirement. In addition to our expertise in the area of communications technologies, we are also contributing our international sales power to make technically complex solutions easily accessible for our customers,” said Bernd Liebscher, Managing Director Telekom Austria Group M2M.
From Winter Maintenance Services to Refrigerated Transportation
Telekom Austria Group M2M’s asset-tracking and fleet management portfolio encompasses the following telematics solutions, which are tailored to different target groups:
- POLAR (automated documentation of winter maintenance services): Snow-clearing and salt-spreading operations are documented in real time providing electronic evidence of rendered services.
- PILOT (electronic driver log for field service providers’ fleets and freight vehicles): Scheduling tasks are managed centrally; driving times are recorded and billed using an electronic driver log.
- LORRY (fleet management for trucks): mileage, downtime, consumption and tank levels are recorded on an ongoing basis. An automatic alarm is triggered in case of fuel theft.
- THERMO (monitoring of cooling chains for the chemical, pharmaceutical and food industry): Protection of temperature-sensitive goods is guaranteed through round-the-clock monitoring of temperature levels during transportation. The system provides real-time alerts in case of deviations from the pre-defined temperature range before damage occurs.
- COUNTRY (tracking of operating hours for the agriculture and forestry industry): This solution is particularly suited for tractors and PTO-driven implements. Vehicle’s operating hours are recorded per driver, enabling usage-based billing of rental machinery. The hardware is specifically designed for use under harsh environmental and operating conditions.
- ROBUSTO (tracking of both location and operating hours for the construction industry): The possibility to track both location and operating hours of construction vehicles and small construction equipment is key to optimize usage of high-value machinery and prevent theft and misuse. Thanks to an event-based alert system, vehicles are monitored round-the-clock also when they are parked.
About CEplus GmbH
CEplus is an Austrian vendor specialized to provide GPS-Systems and Solutions for professional usage. The systems run independent of the vehicle manufacturer and can be used in almost all vehicles, aggregates and machines. It is a basic guideline that the CEplus Systems are not affecting the vehicle electronics. Therefore, the customers are protected from a loss of warranty of the vehicle.
The company has gained a special positioning in the telematics market with its tracking systems for small machinery and for all kinds of containers. Moreover, CEplus is also specialized in integrated sensor systems, fuel management and diesel theft protection solutions. In this field, CEplus won the ‘Telematics Award 2012′ in the category ‘M2M Telematics’. CEplus software specialists develop practice-oriented and user-friendly solutions in line with customer-specific requirements.
More detailed information is available at www.ceplus.com.