Get LED lighting connected to the Internet of Things with new ZigBee® Light Link™ development kit from TIComplete hardware and software kit helps LED lighting manufacturers add control with remote or cloud connectivity
DALLAS, Oct. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) announced the availability of a ZigBee Light Link™ development kit that simplifies the development and control of wirelessly connected LED lighting products. The new kit includes a remote control and supports smartphone and tablet connectivity through gateways including Ninja Blocks, cloud-enabled computers based on the BeagleBone open-source computer platform powered by TI’s Sitara™ AM335x ARM®processors. Through simplified control, users are able to dynamically configure colors, groups and scenes. With a simple connection to a cloud gateway, the new kit makes it easier to connect LED bulbs and other lighting products to the Internet of Things (IoT) using ZigBee networking. For more information, visit: www.ti.com/lprf-zllkit-pr.
For consumers, a ZigBee wirelessly connected lighting system delivers richer user interfaces and more flexible control on top of the basic on, off and dim operations. There is absolute flexibility to place and move switches and other controls anywhere in the home versus wire-controlled products. This enables the design of lighting systems for home and office environments that allow individual task lighting for desk, table or countertop to be placed anywhere. Additionally, through use of a gateway, users can control lighting from anywhere using a smartphone or tablet app.
TI’s ZigBee Light Link development kit includes everything designers need to get new lighting products to market quickly:
- Three Zlights programmed as ZigBee Light Link color lights. The Zlights are based on the SimpleLink™ CC2530 wireless MCU and also include TI’s TPS62730 DC/DC converter.
- One ZigBee Light Link color scene remote control. The remote is based on the SimpleLink CC2531 wireless MCU and also includes TI’s TPS76933 LDO and TPS62290 DC/DC converter.
- Optional CCdebugger to program and debug the system.
- TI Z-Stack™ ZigBee software that supports the latest ZigBee stack and is ZigBee Light Link 1.0-ready.
Features and benefits of TI’s ZigBee Light Link development kit:
|Complete LED hardware reference design with PCB, gerbers and BOM||
|Complete software package for both network and light application layer||
|Direct control of LED bulbs with remote control||
|Cloud connectivity through Ninja Blocks||
Find out more about TI’s ZigBee solutions
- Learn how TI connects more for the IoT: www.ti.com/iot
- TI’s ZigBee solutions: www.ti.com/zigbee
- Video of TI’s ZigBee lighting solutions in action: www.ti.com/lprf-zllkit-pr-vd
- ConnecTIng Wirelessly blog: www.ti.com/wiconnewsletter-pr
- Monthly wireless connectivity eNewsletter: www.ti.com/connectingwirelessly-pr
- TI E2E™ wireless connectivity support community: www.ti.com/wicon-forum
ZigBee: Control your world
ZigBee offers green and global wireless standards connecting the widest range of devices to work together intelligently and help you control your world. The ZigBee Alliance is an open, non- profit association of approximately 400 members driving development of innovative, reliable and easy-to-use ZigBee standards. The Alliance promotes worldwide adoption of ZigBee as the leading wirelessly networked, sensing and control standard for use in consumer, commercial and industrial areas. For more information, visit: www.ZigBee.org.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
SimpleLink, Sitara, Z-Stack and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments