Smart Cities Market to 2017 : Smart Security Segment to Flourish as Interoperability Standards and Public Private Partnerships Promote Growth Research and Markets has announced the addition of the “Smart Cities Market to 2017 – Smart Security Segment to Flourish as Interoperability Standards and Public Private Partnerships Promote Growth” report to their offering.
The world is swiftly becoming more urbanized thanks to growing global populations and migration from rural areas to cities, and the resulting stress to virtually all global systems may only be solved by the concept of smart cities.
This new report argues that while it is becoming a bigger and bigger challenge to maintain necessary supplies of water, energy, food, communication and transport to meet growing demands in urban centers, a complete replacement of old and established city infrastructures would be unrealistic in terms of cost and time. However, digitalizing the existing infrastructure would allow it to collect and analyze data in order to respond intelligently to all domestic needs, allowing cities to grow without fear of their infrastructure overloading.
The smart cities market includes smart homes, smart buildings, smart grid, smart industry automation, smart healthcare, smart education, smart transportation and smart security. Many countries are witnessing their cities expanding at an extraordinary rate, with China’s urbanization rate reaching 52.57% in 2012, and there is a growing need to apply smart city concepts to such bustling urban centers in order for them to cope with the massive population increases.
Test beds for various smart grid and smart city technologies are present around the world, with projects such as the smart grid smart city project in Australia, the Jeju Island smart grid project in Korea, Amsterdam Smart City Project in Netherlands and Energy Smart Miami in the US helping to develop a state-of-art and competitive urban infrastructure. The target-specific roll-out plans, attractive incentives and funding arrangements from governments are helping utilities to implement their smart city projects.
The global Smart Cities market was worth US$442 billion in 2011, and is expected to reach a value of US$1,026.3 billion by 2017, following growth at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 15%.
This report gives an in-depth analysis of the global smart cities market, and provides market revenues for the global smart citiesmarket and its major sectors, such as smart buildings, smart homes, smart transportation, smart grids, smart healthcare, smart education, smart security and smart industry automation between 2011 and 2017.
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by a team of industry experts.
- Market revenue for the global smart cities market from 2011 to 2017
- Market revenue for global smart cities sectors such as smart buildings, smart homes, smart transportation, smart grids, smart healthcare, smart education, smart security and smart industry automation between 2011 and 2017
- Key drivers and restraints of global smart cities market
- Major contracts and deals in 2012
- Major existing smart cities projects
Reasons to buy
- Make strategic decisions based on forecast data to identify key markets and growth opportunities for the global smart cities market
- Evaluate the potential of emerging markets to quantify potential returns on investments
- Understand the different dynamics in effect in the market and its sectors and make better informed business decisions as a result.
- Identify key growth markets for your products from validated, regional-level data and analysis
- Make better-informed business decisions armed with hard-to-get revenue data
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h73b7p/smart_cities
SOURCE Research and Markets