- Telefónica and Dell collaborate to deliver the broadest pay-as-you-go mobile broadband service for notebooks and tablets across Europe — enabled with a single M2M SIM
- Dell NetReady, powered by Telefónica, is an enhanced 3G connectivity solution for laptops and tablets— delivering on-demand high-speed Internet access
- The solution allows companies to provide their workforce with fast and reliable connectivity, anytime and anywhere, paying only for what they need
7 May 2013 – Telefónica Digital and Dell have signed an agreement to provide integrated mobile connectivity for Windows 7 and Windows 8 devices anywhere in Europe through theDell NetReady solution, a pay-as-you-go connectivity bundle.
Dell’s hardware is provided with mobile connectivity through Telefónica, one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies.
Dell NetReady gives the user immediate access to the Internet on their devices in a fast and reliable way, anytime and anywhere, thanks to an incorporated M2M SIM-card and a simple and intuitive application that allows the customer to choose in real time from a wide range of connectivity bundles that best suit their needs.
A solution aimed at businesses
In an increasingly dynamic, complex and competitive global marketplace, companies are demanding easy-to-use mobile connectivity solutions that allow them to go online at any time in any place.
The new connectivity solution announced today has a number of key business benefits:
- It is activated out of the box and is ready to go.
- Once registered, pay-as-you-go bundles are available at the touch of a button, from 30 minutes up to 1 month.
- Two tariff structures have been created providing cost effective long term access and short term transparent data roaming charges.
- Bundles also move with the user from country to country ensuring transparent and clear pricing at all times.
About Telefónica Digital
Telefónica Digital is a global business division of Telefónica. Its mission is to seize the opportunities within the digital world and deliver new growth for Telefónica through research & development, venture capital, global partnerships and digital services such as cloud computing, mobile advertising, M2M and eHealth.
It is also driving innovation in over the top communications services under a new umbrella brand called Tu. Telefónica Digital will deliver these new products and services to Telefónica’s 316 million customers as well as leveraging the power of the internet to enter new markets. It is headquartered in London with regional centres in Silicon Valley, Sao Paulo, Spain and Tel Aviv. Jajah, Terra, Media Networks Latin America, 48 and giffgaff are all managed under the Telefónica Digital umbrella.
Dell, an American corporation, the second largest manufacturer of personal computers in the world with 28-year experience in giving access to the latest technology to whole countries, communities, enterprises and ordinary people all over the globe. Dell provides customer-focused technological solutions that meet the demands of the real world and is renowned for the possibility to customize the computers according to everyone’s needs.